f

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

got art?











all via.

in my home i'd rather have nothing on the walls unless it's what i call "real art", anotherwords, not a print from a commercial store, but rather an actual original photograph, painting, sculpture etc. that includes the wonderful art collection i've acquired throughout the years from my son. those are some of the best.

how do you display your artwork, your sculpture? does it hang, lean, take up a wall? there are so many ways to play with displaying your art in your home or commercial space. here are some display inspirational photographs from some truly wonderful homes with fun collections.

so get busy hanging and displaying that painting that you bought or sculpture you've been meaning to put in the right spot. you can always move it, nothing is permanent. art warms a space, draws you in, welcomes you and fascinates you. thank goodness for artists! enjoy!

7 comments:

Chris said...

It's soooooo funny you posted this today! Yesterday I spent a few hours hanging some art in my home that I've been collecting over the months and years. And I might be hanging more today, as well as looking for more this weekend at the antique mall's sidewalk sale.

I LOVE hanging art, personalizing my space, and adding some beauty to it. I like being different and displaying unusual items as art—magazines, children's drawings, feathers, textured paper, etc.

We're renting a house (and might possibly buy it in the future), so it's even more important to make this place "home". And I sometimes wonder if people won't like what I've hung, or if I have hung too much, etc. But then I realize that I'm an artist/photographer/designer, and even if I choose weird or "wrong" ways to hang or choose art, it's what I like and it's an extension of who I am and my "vision" (and to a degree, my hubby's).

Sorry to babble, I'm just really into this right now! I'm musing over where to hang some stuff today. And I can't wait to look for stuff this weekend at the antique mall.

And thanks for showing homes with lots of art displayed. I feel like I put too much stuff up sometimes, but I like it and I think it looks good, and it makes me smile when I get up in the morning and see it all. And isn't that all that matters?

:)

Leigh said...

Amazing!! I am completely inspired. :)

Jane F from Atticmag said...

I agree that art should be original and I am very particular about what I hang. I know people fall in love with copies of great works and want to live with them so it's hard for me to tell someone not to frame, say a Degas copy. In the end, I suppose that art is like chocolate -- any is better than none.

L'Atelier said...

very inspiring!
i am really bad at actually hanging my art. so lots of it leans...

Georgia B. said...

one of the biggest reasons i would enjoy being wealthy is to have the freedom and luxury to buy wonderful original art from artists all over the world—known or unknown. it would be my "hobby" to find amazing pieces that would look fabulous in my amazing dream house. :)

dreaming now . . .

Anne @ The City Sage said...

I'm the SAME way! i love one of a kinds on my walls---and that kitty is pretty special

malo said...

Great collection of pictures. Very inspiring.