f

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

dreaming of rooftops.


via.
via.
via.


via. via.
via.
with all of this dismal weather, i'm thinking of all of the warm, beautiful and unique places i'd honestly rather be at the moment. my mind wandered to the rooftops of some wonderful buildings, homes and hotels. join me as my mind escapes to warmer places, from the top of the world (or at least a building or two) to enjoy the view.

have you ever cooked out, or partied, swam or slept on a rooftop terrace? would you like to or would it scare you? as the wind and rain fly by my shop window literally sideways, i'll keep my mind on sunny, inviting rooftops instead. i'll imagine the sun, the sun setting, dinner being served, a glass of wine in my hand and listening to the sounds below me. maybe the sounds are of people walking on the street, bicycles passing by, cars, people singing, laughing, insects buzzing, music playing. yeah that's it. that's where i'd rather be at the moment :) where would you rather be at the moment? enjoy!

12 comments:

The Townhouselady said...

Each one a beautiful oasis in the sky from which to watch the world rush by while you stop and unwind.

I love rooftop decks. My husband grew up in NYC where you call sunbathing up on the roof going to 'Tar Beach'.

Rooftops really are a pretty magical place.

Callie Grayson said...

I love this post!! the first image is my favorite, it's dreamy!!!
I would love to host a party on the roof!!

Dionne said...

Oh that first image is so whimsical, and I love the layers on #3's deck!

I once went to a party on the rooftop of The Standard Hotel in CA. AMAZING!

georgia b. said...

i wish i could leave audio comments. if i could, i would sing the lyric of one of my favorite songs, by one of my favorite groups. instead, i'll just type the lyric here.

"i hope you're on your rooftop now . . . in the sun, in the middle of five hundred flowers."

it's a pretty little tune.

love the rooftop getaways here. i want each and every one.

thank you for your sweet comment today. that made me smile and blessed my little ol' heart. :)

L'Atelier said...

we have a pool on our roof top- sadly its for the entire building ... but spent the entire summer up there, swimming watching the stars slowly appear in the sky whilst floating in the water.... sigh it seems sooo far away. i want to be in europe or better at home in switzerland- the weather here is unpleasant, autumn and all!
other wise i would invite you to come to my rooftop :)

Anne @ The City Sage said...

Oh yes please! We have roof access in our building, and no one ever seems to go up there---but the view is fabulous! Maybe I'll surprise the huz with some rooftop picnic dining sometime soon...?

Jules said...

these are all magical! i've always dreamed of having a rooftop terrace where i can entertain while looking out at the beautiful view for miles and miles. i'd spend warm summer nights entertaining, drinking great wine and relaxing if i had one!!!

Leigh said...

I am in love with the views here, oh how nice it would be to have the top terrace as a place to own. wow/

My inspiration for my latest was the Louis Vuitton 08 collaboration with Marc Jacobs and Richard Prince Nurse Paintings for sure. LOVE it.xx

abeachcottage said...

oh I'd love a rooftop like any of those, in fact I'd love a rooftop...the first one is dreamy

Kellie ~ Ada and Darcy said...

I love the idea of a roof top and lounges, so you can relax and watch the beautiful view. x

Kelli Renee said...

I love this post, they're all so beautiful.
Thanks for the wonderful comment by the way! I have been very busy this summer; I'm actually living at school and doing research with the chemistry department. On the flip side, I'm reaping the benefits of living in San Diego for the summer (the Beach!!).
Best.

malo said...

Roof tops are magical. Great collection of pictures!