f

Tuesday, August 30, 2016

line lights

new zealand-based douglas and bec hand make alot of beautiful things, but their "line" lights, whether pendant or wall mounted, are my absolute favorite...
i've featured them in blush today but you can also order line lights in other colors such as black or white. douglas and bec admit that they pay homage to the mobile works of american sculptor alexander calder, stealing away the playfulness but incorporating douglas and bec's "honest" materials and the ever important qualities of small scale production.

and i'm not sure if it's my having grown up in the (ahem) 70's, that draws me into the "back to nature movement" and organic shapes like these (apartment therapy wrote a fun article on 70's style, here) line lights, but to me they are pretty perfect.

i always circle back to, well, the circle in design actually. it's one of my favorite shapes. there is just something so perfectly elegant about it. like you just can't go wrong. enjoy!