f

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

a borrowed idea.






(click on any image to enlarge)

i have always loved the store window displays at every anthropologie, never mind the interior displays. one thing that always intrigues me is their use of found objects reinvented. like books, wire coat hangers, window panes, manila folders, things like that. i recently saw a store window of theirs that had bunches of white plastic bags piled up, then as you walked by the windows they started to float towards the sky. as they continued to float, they slowly turned into white birds. just so imaginative.

so of course, for my shop window in desperate need of spring, i looked around me and what did i see...lots of cardboard boxes from recent deliveries. so, in keeping with anthropologie's theme, i began the process of cutting my birds, all shapes and sizes. instead of white, i sprayed them lemon yellow and hung them with clear wire. the first photo is the anthropologie window and the pictures with the yellow birds are of my store window. not bad huh? besides the cost of a can of spray paint, my window display cost me next to nothing! let me know your thoughts. i did want something bright like this yellow to spring into action and they really cheer me. :)