f

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

summer fire.

via.

via.
via.

via.

via.

all below via.



what is it about fire? that draws us, sucks us into it's warm, primitive fire-y magic? i don't know if you're like me, but i love having a fire, whether inside or out. i don't have the luxury currently of indoor fire as i'm sans a fireplace at the moment. but...i could sneak one onto my tiny brick patio that i built about 2 years ago. i've been stumbling onto some really unusual and truly fabulous outdoor fire places, pits, containers etc.

so i'm picturing myself, feet up on something, anything, and glass of wine in hand. summer breeze, perfect. would you want a fire place outdoors? would you use it, or use it to death? enjoy the summer fire finds i've selected and let me know your favorite!

6 comments:

French furniture said...

I love summer fires. Specially in the evening, when it starts getting a bit cold. Really nice!

malo said...

I have an indoor fireplace and it's such a joy to feel the heath and hear the crackle on a cold autumn evening. Your post inspired me to look at out door fire places. And I know the feeling you get when looking into a fire, it's the same as looking at the sea to me.

Callie Grayson said...

i would use it to death!! i am very excited that I can get one of these fabulous fire pits for my back yard!!! yay. great inspirational post for me. thanks.
callie

georgia b. said...

i'll have one of each.
:)

one of my favorite memories of our last house was sitting out on the deck that encircled the whole house and was surrounded by tree tops, and starting a fire in our iron fire place. we'd open the sliding door to the living room, put on some good music, brac would make me some amaretto sours and i would fall asleep on crisp cool summer and fall nights and listen to the music while getting really relaxed from the amaretto and smell the wonderful burning wood while looking up at the stars. ahhhhhhh . . . i miss it so much! we have nothing like that now. no deck. no fireplace. :(

at least we still have the music and the amaretto. :)

Kellie ~ Ada and Darcy said...

I absolutely adore outdoor fires like this, especially with a gorgeous lounge around it... And a glass of wine or two!! x

Chris said...

Oooh, yes, I want one! I just got a patio set about a month and a half ago, and this is the next thing on my list. I love them, they're like portable campfires!