f

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

wednesday & incorporating plants

there is something so simply perfect about designing with plants, incorporating them into any space, residential or commercial. plants soften your spaces, they offer a sense of what is real, what is constantly changing, they offer sweet imperfections and perfection all at once.








1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
so what about you? are you a plant person? i have a plant (or two) in every room in my little cottage, except for the bathroom, and that's only because i haven't placed one there yet, it's coming. whether it be for texture, with a type of cactus, or for a boost of color, choosing a plant that flowers, or just for the addition of natural, of green, of something that grows and remains constantly fluid. it is my opinion that every space needs all of that. just saying...

how is your wednesday starting out? i'm checking off some to~do things for an upcoming visit to my dad's this weekend in myrtle beach. (he got a vacation space for us all to hang out, whoot!). so i've picked up his favorite coffee, this, which is only in my part of the world and which he craves in the south. ethiopian to be more specific. and whole bean, to get even more detailed. ;) i hope that this morning finds you energized and positive! enjoy...

5 comments:

Sing said...

Hey there. I miss my plants from my old apartment. I tried repotting them after they got too big and they never recovered, fail. So I'm going to get one large plant that doesn't require a lot of attention and hope for the best. It really does something to enliven a space.

Sing said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jo said...

It's amazing how just a single plant or bloom brightens a room. Thanks for the terrific ideas!

Mentor Management said...

Thats a lovely curtain! It can be used in an office, right?

Contempo Space said...

lovely pictures. I'd never liven anywhere without plants. They just bring so much life into a room